Wednesday, July 25, 2007

7 and 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners

Here is one of the activities from Learning 2.0: Which of the following 7 and 1/2 habits is the easiest for you and which of the habits is the hardest?

The 7 and 1/2 Habits of Highly Successfule Lifelong Learners
1. Begin with the end in mind (what is your goal?).
2. Accept responsibility for your own learning.
3. View problems as a challenge.
4. Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner.
5. Create your won learning toolbox (what do you need to accomplish your goal?)
6. Use technology to your advantage.
7. Teach and/or mentor others (the best way to learn something is to teach it to someone else).
7 1/2. Play!

The easiest of the habits for me is the last- Play! I learn better when I get to tinker- hands on learning helps me learn faster.

The hardest habit for me is #3- View problems as a challenge. I tend to get frustrated easily when learning something new. I get impatient with myself.

1 comment:

Miss Information said...

You're creepy! You're just like me! I think that looking at problems as challenges is the hardest thing for me, too.

We have been around each other waaaay too long!